Derby car race right down the Deuce of Clubs
When: Saturday, June 3rd
- 7:40AM: Road closure due to race preparation
- 8:00AM: Race Start on Show Low Main Street (Deuce of Clubs)
- 1:00PM: Awards presentations on stage at Show Low City Park
Speed Category Awards:
1st Place: $2500 and Trophy
2nd Place: $700 and Trophy
3rd Place: $300 and Trophy
Design Category Awards:
Over-All Design: $1500 and Trophy
Judges Awards (5 $100 and trophy awards):
Design Award Judges will be judging design features at the Friday night derby inspection and weigh-in. Be ready!
The fastest design car and the fastest speed car will compete in the last race for the King of the Deuce Cup. This is a traveling cup that will display your team name in perpetuity.
Best of luck everyone!
Please contact a committee member or the Show Low Chamber at (928) 537-2326 if you have any questions. The Derby Down the Deuce is presented by the Show Low Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with Show Low Days.
To participate, please return your completed application to the Show Low Chamber of Commerce at 81 E Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, AZ 85901, or by email to email@example.com
Schedule of Events
Official Rules for the 2017 Derby Down the Deuce
- Cars/Teams must select one category: Design or Speed.
- There will be a Special Needs Category. If you are interested, you must contact the Show Low Chamber of Commerce.
- The maximum weight of a car and occupant is 500 lbs.
- The maximum car size 5’ wide X 10’ long X 10’ tall.
- The car must have no detachable parts (static display exception).
- Cars are gravity driven ONLY. No propulsion systems are allowed.
- Braking system: cars must be able to steer while braking. Cars that brake the wheel must have brakes on each tandem set of wheels. Cars that brake the ground using friction must use rubber—no wood or metal ground pads.
- Cars must have at least three wheels supporting the vehicle.
- The minimum age of any driver is 14; the minimum age of a passenger is 8. If a passage is under 14, the driver must be at least 21. Parental consent is required for any driver or passenger under 18.
- All drivers and passengers must wear approved safety helmets.
- Races start off a starting ramp, which measures 12’ long X 7’ wide X 30” high. All cars must rest against the Starting Gate at the center of the ramp, which measures 12” wide X 12” high. The front-most part of your car must rest upon this gate. Attention should be given to low riding cars. If your car is too low and axles are placed inward you may bottom out.
- All vehicles, drivers, and passengers will be required to attend a Weigh-In and Inspection on Friday, June 2nd, 5 PM – 7 PM at Hatch Motors, 260 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low, Arizona.
- After Weigh-In, ALL vehicles will be kept at the designated secure site until the race.
- Participants that demonstrate unsportsmanlike conduct will be disqualified.
- Cars will be towed up the hill by the Derby Down the Deuce official tow crew. It is advisable your car be equipped with a tow hook/ring. You may tow your own vehicle with an ATV, but must contact a member of the Derby Down the Deuce Committee for approval in advance.
- The Line-Up Official at the Start Ramp reserves the authority to make last-minutes changes in the line-up to best suit the needs of the race.
The awards ceremony will be at the Show Low Days Event at noon at the Show Low City Park. We request winning cars and drivers be present for award recognition.